Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weekend Plans

This weekend (starting tomorrow, I'm doing an early and long weekend) I am going to Bratislava, Slovakia, to visit my friend Barbara.  Barbara is a photograph conservator, and she came to Winterthur and studied with us two years ago while she was a student.  She finished her degree last year and began working as a professor of photograph conservation at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava.  She returned this year, to Delaware, as a visiting scholar to spend time working and learning with Lisa and I in our lab.

I picked up some stroopwafels from the Kaiser Wilhelm as a thank-you-for-having-me gift.  I probably won't post any thing until I return (I don't want to haul the computer there and back).

Color checker and scale included as per the AIC Guidelines for appropriate documentation.

2 comments:

Ynn said...

Dearest Girl- I am hoping I finally get to post this comment! I've tried about 100 times and my computer seemes to be having problems talking to Google. Your blog has been delightful and while I am sorry about the groceries, you sound like you're having fun. I can't wait to taste the stroopwaffles and can we please go to the umlaat museum when we are there? Your Mom and I went to State College today and had a ball. Shopped as only we can! Take every opportunity of enjoying yourself! Ynn

DPLK said...

I think I would stay on the outside of a pot joint too.

Those stroopwafels look indeed excellent. Hope you have a good trip to visit your friend!

Not much happening here. Just summer setting in. I've got just two more weeks of clinic before I start research again! woooo! It's been fun taking care of patients, but I can do without the endless performance pressure.