Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer in the City

The Netherlands is currently having its once-a-year one-week heat wave.  I've been eating popsicles multiple times each day.  The Dutch version of a Creamsicle is fantastic - it is lighter than the American one.  

Yesterday at work, around 4:00, Clara ran out to a convenience store to pick up some popsicles for us.  (FYI, My hours are 10:00 to 7:00.)  So we all took an afternoon break, (Clara, Hans, Jochem, and me) standing in a corner away from the objects, positioning ourselves to catch the draft between the door and the full-length open windows, eating popsicles.  

I could have used another popsicle break today, that's for sure and certain.  Inpainting, using gelatin as a binder, so I had to have a small double boiler set up next to me while I worked. 











This was taken on a cooler day.

No comments: