Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

The first day in Tucson may have started out a little cool and rainy, but that did not dampen our enjoyment of it!  Hye-Sung and I picked up my major supervisor Barb (professor, photograph conservator, etc) and we all went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - which was super fun and where we ended up meeting with at least ten other photograph conservators, all in town for the conference.


















Not all desert plants are cacti: this is an agave, a succulent, I learned.














My major supervisor Barb, dressed to match and crouching next to a cactus.

































Part of me doesn't even believe that these things are plants.










































So strange.  I won't easily believe that it is a plant, but I'll believe that it is a small fuzzy sentient life form from another plant.






















































Proof that I was really there!  And not wearing winter clothes!


















3 comments:

Mum said...

Looks like you enjoyed some pleasant days in Tucson. I like your good pictures of the cactus. The Desert Museum is a great place to visit! It has a variety of fascinating plants and animals.

Mary Ann said...

The pictures of the cacti are awesome. They don't look real to me either. I am sure that you enjoyed wearing your spring clothes for awhile. I think you better put them back in storage!
Looks like you had a wonderful time in Tucson.

Michael said...

Giant Agave are my favorite. They have a few of them in the desert room at Phipps conservatory. They were taller than me!