I also cooked polenta: it was instant polenta and I only had to stir for two minutes so don't be too impressed. I took this Polaroid of it, and while it looks pretty awful, it was actually awesome. Almost as awesome as the Italian grocery a few blocks from the NGC.
Why did I take a Polaroid of it?
I had an Idea that seemed like a a cross between an art project, a journal, and a recipe book. It starts with the basic principle of always having the Polaroid One600 Instant Camera around (as opposed to the Polaroid Peel-Apart Camera). Life being what it is, every now and then I cook something awesome. The Idea involves snapping a Polaroid of whatever was awesome, noting the recipe down into a blank book, and then attaching the Polaroid of the item below/next to the text. An important part of this project is to take a non-repulsive Polaroid of whatever I cooked, a goal that can be achieved more easily when being able to properly focus the camera. Here's to wishing that the Polaroid One600 had a manual focus: a Polaroid SX70 it is not.
I've also been knitting. Usually sitting on my bed listening to Canadian Public Radio with a hot water bottle sitting on the tops of my feet. I really need to work on my circulation - another thing to add to the 'Stop Whining and Be The Change' list. (Perhaps all Americans should have a 'Stop Whining and Be The Change' list. I think it's a grand idea.)
Anyway, I made this awesome hat in preparation for the no-doubt terrible and soon-to-arrive Canadian winter.
I also made a sort-of-mod green dress. Which can also be worn over pants, which is what I did on Friday. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but I like it, and since I am the ruler of this little prose universe, it gets to stay. It's polyester, which doesn't breath, a factor that I considered would be advantageous for me and my poor circulation in cold Canada.
I got this pattern a while ago because I liked the sleeve options. The pattern I used most was the blah-yellow colored top left drawing. Good sleeves, but I though the darts sucked, so I totally changed it, making the front out of two pieces, putting little darts in and totally nixing the darts (which sucked, trust me). And making a sash like in the bottom right drawing.
You can see the bodice-alteration a little better here, and the little darts. And the sash and the awesome sleeves. The sleeves are even better in real life. I'm still debating as to whether I should keep the hem where it is or make it a little longer.